5 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Site without Spending a Penny
Content Is King
Once you have decided upon the strategy for your blog, it is time to develop the process to get people to read it and then recommend others to do the same.
This is not so simple so how do we go about it?
Your blog will not attract large numbers of “likes” and followers overnight. It will require a consistent stream of useful content and some socialisation tactics on social networking sites to attract the traffic.
Of course, everything is easier when you have Bill Gates’s bank account.Your blog can be given a considerable boost if you can pay for social media advertisements, paid searches and affiliate campaigns.. However, if your financial situation is rather more precarious it will be somewhat more challenging to take the centre stage.
If you are short of money but have a lot of time, you can immerse yourself into something you know, and blog about it. Write every chance you get but ensure you write content which has some meat and meaning to it.
You should aim to produce content at least once every day and write a minimum of 300 words that would be amazing, but not so difficult as it may sound. Some time ago the State of Inbound Report from HubSpot suggested that brands which create 15 blog posts per month generate an average of 1,200 new leads per month. Whether this is a personal blog site or and eCommerce site that much traffic would be fantastic, so go on with it!
So, what should you write about? If you do not have too many ideas below are some tips to get you started.
1. Create Epic Titles
To grab people’s attention, you must have blog compelling topics and titles. The blog titles serve as bait to get people to read your post. Use crazy, add a little drama or use catchy phrases. They must sparkle to result in full reads, conversions and social media shares.
Think of it from your reader’s point of view. Would you click on a blog entitled “Sure-Fire Ways to Become a Millionaire in Six Months?” See what I mean?.
2. Write content that people feel compelled to share
Your content should be compelling, engaging, informative and relevant . Ensure your blog provides significant value to your readers. If they find value and feel “I learned something from that” they are likely to return and maybe bring their contacts with them as long as you continue to provide fresh content. Do not lure them in with a great title and then provide shallow, unfounded information or biased rants.
3. Cover the Following Topics
If you have some ideas for topics, go ahead and start writing. If you are a bit stuck here are some topics which may provide a kick start. These topics are always popular because they provide people with substantial information. People want to learn, they look to be entertained and feel something from what they read. The best thing to do is to have a mixture of these types of content and you will certainly be pointing in the right direction.
- Lists or Educational Posts: Tips and tricks, guides and how-to’s should be the main focus of your content marketing. It is important to have empathy with your audience and to think about the posts you think are relevant to them?
Help them lose weight. Help them solve problems. Suggest how they can improve their relationships. Be aware of which topics are hot in your niche and be sure to offer something new, unique and with substance so that your audience will want to know more from you.
- Interviews and Q&As: Find an expert and interview them. If you sell digital products find and interview an expert in the field.If you sell physical items, find someone who is experienced in using, fitting maintaining the product.
Understand your interviewee’s opinions on the focus and future of your industry. Study their view and opinions. Evaluate them and then start forming your own.
- Reviews and Case Studies: A very useful was to provide useful content in a blog is to review new products and services available on the market. Use case studies which feature win-win situations with a client or examples of other people or businesses who are doing things correctly and successfully.
Many people have problems with their weight, so a review of diets, diet pills or fitness products should generate a high number of clicks.
- Sensational Reports: Help your audience to make decisions by expressing an opinion about hot and trending topics, sensational issues or current events. Pique your readers’ interest by writing a story so big that everyone will want to write about it.
Provide facts, comparative analyses, pros and cons to help your audience make informed decisions. However, since everyone will be writing about it, ensure that your offering has something extra to establish yourself as a reliable source of that information.
TechCrunch has a remarkable reputation of being on top of the really interesting news ahead of everyone else. They have sources contantly on the prowl. If you must do this in the name of journalism, carry on.
- Content which Humanises Your Company or Brand: Talk about how your company participates in non business events or inform your audience about your stance on the main issues of the day. With these types of post, the target market will understand the human side of your brand and that behind the formal exterior is a brand concerned with issues other than purely business.
Starbucks showed that they are one with the world in commemorating lives lost during the Paris attacks in their Facebook post.
4. Optimise Content with Keywords and Tags
Keywords and other SEO elements should be Incorporated into your blog because that golden nugget which could shoot your content to the stars. On-page optimisation attributes are important and these include title tags, meta tags, heading tags and image tags.
Keep up to date on search engine dynamics and algorithm changes, but always write for your target audience. In addition, ensure your content is keyword-rich (not keyword-stuffed) and written in such a way that it reads naturally.
5. Guest Blog
Guest blogging lives on despite what some might have us believe. Don’t write it off just yet as there is still a big opportunity if you tap into this niche.
Guest posting on reputable sites can still boost your online credibility. Just be wary and avoid using spammy tactics in your guest blogs to avoid ruining your reputation. As this still works, you could invite other bloggers to guest blog on your site. Just make sure you only approve high-quality, authentic content without spammy links to avoid problems with Google so proceed with caution.
So there it is, five ways to help you generate traffic without spending anything other than some time. As you are doing it let your personality appear through your writing. Personality will grab your audience attention and make your blog stand out from a sea of gibberish online content.
With a lot of hard work, right tools, and sound know-how, you’ll soon drive traffic to your website and gain a steady number of visitor and even customers, too.
Remember the only wrong action is no action.